Don Jaime Partagás Ravelo founded a Manufactura in La Habana in 1827. Only a few years later he acquired a large part of a huge Vega (tobacco plantation) in the province of Pinar del Río. In 1845 he moved into new factory premises in Calle de la Industria 520, in the heart of the city just behind the Capitol building. From then on, both the factory and the cigars bore the name of their founder. Since then, the factory has been producing cigars without interruption. The first gold medal for the quality of its products was awarded to Partagas in 1867 at the World Exhibition in Paris - it was not the only award.
A Partagas can always be recognized by its heavy, earthy and peppery aromas, which, mixed with a strong tobacco taste, intensively reflect the character of a classic Habanos. The character of these cigars goes back to tobaccos from the Vuelta Abajo region, which have an unmistakable richness in taste and aroma.
Partagas are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes. The best known is probably "Serie D No. 4". The "8-9-8" gets its name from the way it is arranged in the box.
All formats are 'totalmente a mano, tripa larga' - completely handmade long fillers.